in Sage September 27, 2018
Hi everyone! Today’s blog post is dedicated to our latest addition to the Sage Team at TMS, Yvonne McEwan! Having worked with Sage for over 12 years in a variety of different roles Yvonne will be joining us to help head up our TMS Business Solutions program which you can find out about here. Take a look at Yvonne’s interview below to get to know a bit more about her and what you can expect from Yvonne as a TMS customer in the future.
Tell us a little about yourself.
I graduated from Glasgow University with a Bachelors in Accounting & Finance and a Masters in IT. My first experience with Sage software was with initially with Sage 50 Accounts, PayPoint and Act! but over the years I have specialised in other systems including Sage 200, Sage Construction (Eque2) systems and CRM.
When I’m not working I can usually be found tending to my garden or going on country walks with my walking club. I am also a keen archer and love nothing more than being let loose with my bow and arrow!
What do you hope to achieve at TMS
· Good customer relationships. I am hoping through the pre-sales and project management roles I do that I can build some good relationships with customers to know the business, the systems and individuals really well to ensure I give the best advice and consultancy possible.
What would be a typical day be at TMS?
· I don’t have a typical day as every day offers new opportunities and challenges. My role is very varied and covers all aspects of marketing, pre-sales, technical installation, training, consultancy and project management. I also deal with different products so one day I could be doing a Sage 200 upgrade, the next day training on Sage 50, the next a workshop of Sicon Job Costing etc.
What is your favourite thing about working at TMS so far and why?
· My favourite thing about working for TMS so far is getting to meet new people and seeing how best I can help them. I love to see projects through from start to finish and see how the implementation helps them make their business processes more streamlined.
What song can’t you help dancing to when it comes on?
· I’m a Believer by The Monkees
If you were a superhero, what powers would you like to have?
· Eidetic memory
If you could do any other job in the world, what would it be and why?
· I have never thought of any other job before, but maybe something outdoors.
What has been your greatest achievement in your career so far?
· I don’t have one stand out achievement, but all the small day to day achievements and skills I have learnt are accumulated into giving me a career that I enjoy every day.
What is the best keyboard shortcut you know?
· My personal favourite is “Windows + L” which locks the machine.
What have you always wanted to do i.e. learn a language, play a musical instrument?
· I’m always wanted to learn how to Box albeit not to fight anyone, more for the fitness and condition side of the sport.
What is your favourite movie/book?
· Tough one. My favourite book would have to be “The Tempest” by William Shakespeare whereas my favourite movie would have to be “Watership Down”. Thoroughly recommend them to anyone.
What is the one movie you would never recommend anyone to watch?
· This has to be “Pi” (1998), I had to stop watching the movie due to the migraine it was giving me.
If you would like to get in contact with Yvonne to discuss TMS's Business Solutions Audit or to discuss how your company is preparing for Making Tax Digital please do not hesitate to contact her via firstname.lastname@example.org.