in Sage February 23, 2018
Hi all and welcome to another post in our month of content specially designed to enhance your Sage user experience in Sage 50! In today's article, I will outline a brief guide on how you can add new users to Sage Manufacturing. Please note that to do this you will need a copy of the Sage 50 and Manufacturing managers password with both having the same login usually.
- The first thing we must do is determine what features the new user is to have and assign permissions accordingly. This must be done for both Sage 50 and Sage Manufacturing.
- Log in to Sage 50 Accounts using the manager password.
- Go to Settings>Access rights and add two new users, one for accounts and one for manufacturing. For example New User and New User-M.
- Make sure you change the user’s permission to restrict access as requested by the customer. This is very important, users do not have the access to the nominal ledger, bank accounts or any other part of Sage Accounts which they are not meant to.
- Log out of Sage 50 Accounts and into Sage Manufacturing using the manager password.
- Go to Settings > Access Rights > New.
- Select the New User drop-down menu and then the previously created New user-M. Change the permissions required for the role you have in mind in manufacturing and Save before exiting the programme.
Important: Please note that some clients with Job Costing use “-J” as suffix after the new username instead of the “-M”
We hope you have found this article useful in enhancing your Sage expertise. Please check back for more Sage Insight user guides and videos every Monday on our website. All our articles are created based on real queries and support requests that we have received from our clients across all versions of Sage that we support including Sage 200, Sage 50, Sage Payroll and Sage Manufacturing.