Entry level design automation included in every license of SOLIDWORKS.
DriveWorksXpress is a free, easy to use design automation tool that allows you to quickly and accurately create multiple variations of your SOLIDWORKS parts, assemblies and drawings.
If you offer many different product options or every customer order is bespoke, DriveWorksXpress can help you capture your design rules, recreate variations of existing designs, reduce repetitive tasks, save time, and improve product quality.
DriveWorksXpress is already installed for free inside SOLIDWORKS. You can set up and run a design automation project in DriveWorksXpress, then run the project as many times as you like, fill out the form, and quickly generate multiple new versions of your parts, assemblies, and drawings. Here’s how:
- Capture the dimensions and features you want to drive in SOLIDWORKS.
- Create a form to input the values that drive your design.
- Build rules to drive your models using the values entered on the form.
- Run the project again and again to create custom design variations.
Activate to AutomateDriveWorksXpress is already installed inside SOLIDWORKS, all you need to do is activate it to start automating.
How to Activate to Automate:
Step 1: Open SOLIDWORKS
Step 2: Go to Tools, Xpress Products, DriveWorksXpress
Step 3: Click the link for My.SolidWorks.com/xpress to get your free activation code for DriveWorksXpress.
Step 4: Copy the DriveWorksXpress activation code.
Step 5: Go back to SOLIDWORKS, paste the activation code into the product code box and press OK.
Step 6: Start automating!
- Capture and re-use your design knowledge
- Incorporate design rules to minimize errors and the cost of manual mistakes
- Automate repetitive tasks to reduce design time when specifying new variants
- Liberate design engineers from repetitive tasks to concentrate on new and special designs
Additional ResourcesDriveWorksXpress Datasheet
- October 11, 2019 SOLIDWORKS 2020 Launch Events in Scotland
- August 2, 2019 Sizzling SOLIDWORKS Summer Savings
- July 12, 2019 Stress your Designs, not Yourself!
- July 1, 2019 Machining Scotland Conference
- May 27, 2019 Announcing the New SOLIDWORKS Business Innovation Platform
- April 3, 2019 Get Results Faster with Design Tools Purpose-built for Research Projects