Entry level design automation included in every license of SOLIDWORKS.
DriveWorksXpress is a free, easy to use design automation tool that allows you to quickly and accurately create multiple variations of your SOLIDWORKS parts, assemblies and drawings.
If you offer many different product options or every customer order is bespoke, DriveWorksXpress can help you capture your design rules, recreate variations of existing designs, reduce repetitive tasks, save time, and improve product quality.
DriveWorksXpress is already installed for free inside SOLIDWORKS. You can set up and run a design automation project in DriveWorksXpress, then run the project as many times as you like, fill out the form, and quickly generate multiple new versions of your parts, assemblies, and drawings. Here’s how:
- Capture the dimensions and features you want to drive in SOLIDWORKS.
- Create a form to input the values that drive your design.
- Build rules to drive your models using the values entered on the form.
- Run the project again and again to create custom design variations.
Activate to AutomateDriveWorksXpress is already installed inside SOLIDWORKS, all you need to do is activate it to start automating.
How to Activate to Automate:
Step 1: Open SOLIDWORKS
Step 2: Go to Tools, Xpress Products, DriveWorksXpress
Step 3: Click the link for My.SolidWorks.com/xpress to get your free activation code for DriveWorksXpress.
Step 4: Copy the DriveWorksXpress activation code.
Step 5: Go back to SOLIDWORKS, paste the activation code into the product code box and press OK.
Step 6: Start automating!
- Capture and re-use your design knowledge
- Incorporate design rules to minimize errors and the cost of manual mistakes
- Automate repetitive tasks to reduce design time when specifying new variants
- Liberate design engineers from repetitive tasks to concentrate on new and special designs
Additional ResourcesDriveWorksXpress Datasheet
- November 2, 2020 Save up to 35% on SOLIDWORKS with the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
- October 22, 2020 SOLIDWORKS 2021 Launch Event
- August 11, 2020 Making SOLIDWORKS feel like home - Customising the UI
- July 13, 2020 What is the SOLIDWORKS Rx tool and how can it help?
- June 25, 2020 Changes in SOLIDWORKS 2020 SP3.0
- June 17, 2020 Calculating Internal Volume