With the SOLIDWORKS Research License, researchers can access the latest in engineering technology, while communicating with other researchers and industrial users around the world. The SOLIDWORKS Research License has no restrictions for use in publications, industry-funded projects, and patent applications. It doesn't contain the educational watermark, and follows the same release schedule as the commercial version of SOLIDWORKS.
Irish Department of Education and Skills chose SOLIDWORKS Education Edition
In 2007, the Irish Department of Education chose SOLIDWORKS as the supplier for 3D Parametric CAD for the revised curriculum for the Technology Subjects. As a mark of success of this implementation this contract with the Department of Education in Ireland has recently been renewed up to 2021, meaning over 60,000 licenses of SOLIDWORKS will be taught through the Technology Subjects. As a result, all post primary schools in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland now use SOLIDWORKS Education Edition and DraftSight for teaching technology subjects. To learn more about this initiative go to the T4 website
Additional ResourcesSOLIDWORKS - Which license do I need?
- May 27, 2019 Announcing the New SOLIDWORKS Business Innovation Platform
- April 3, 2019 Get Results Faster with Design Tools Purpose-built for Research Projects
- March 4, 2019 TMS Voted Number One for Customer Satisfaction
- January 25, 2019 SOLIDWORKS Certification Program
- November 21, 2018 SOLIDWORKS 2019 - Testing Drawing Opening Times
- November 6, 2018 Supporting Fun and Future Engineers