SOLIDWORKS MBD (Model Based Definition) is an integrated drawingless manufacturing solution for SOLIDWORKS. SOLIDWORKS MBD guides the manufacturing process directly in 3D instead of using traditional 2D drawings, which helps streamline production, cut cycle time, reduce errors, and support industry standards.
Define 3D Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) such as dimensions, tolerances, model data, surface finish, weld symbols, Bill-of-Materials (BOM), tables, notes, and other annotations.
Organize 3D PMI along with the 3D models in a clean, structured, and easy-to-search fashion.
Customize 3D output templates for multiple deliverables [such as engineering drawings and request for quote (RFQ)], and departments [such as Operations, Manufacturing, QA, and Procurement].
Publish 3D data and PMI in industry standard file formats, such as 3D PDF and eDrawings®.
Support industry standards, such as Military-Standard-31000A, ASME Y14.41, ISO 16792, and DIN ISO 16792.
Share and archive 3D data directly to free time for you and your suppliers for re-modeling based on 2D drawings.
Additional ResourcesSOLIDWORKS 2017 TechComm Datasheet
- June 5, 2017 Scottish Government Funding for Training
- May 31, 2017 Modelling a Drill Bit with a Compound Swept Cut
- May 24, 2017 TMS CADCentre signs partnership agreement with AFRC
- May 16, 2017 Significant Discount on SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD Software
- May 3, 2017 Creating Linked Views in SOLIDWORKS Composer
- April 6, 2017 3D Interconnect - Say Adiós, Au Revoir and Goodbye to inter-CAD language barriers!