SOLIDWORKS MBD (Model Based Definition) is an integrated drawingless manufacturing solution for SOLIDWORKS. SOLIDWORKS MBD guides the manufacturing process directly in 3D instead of using traditional 2D drawings, which helps streamline production, cut cycle time, reduce errors, and support industry standards.
Define 3D Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) such as dimensions, tolerances, model data, surface finish, weld symbols, Bill-of-Materials (BOM), tables, notes, and other annotations.
Organize 3D PMI along with the 3D models in a clean, structured, and easy-to-search fashion.
Customize 3D output templates for multiple deliverables [such as engineering drawings and request for quote (RFQ)], and departments [such as Operations, Manufacturing, QA, and Procurement].
Publish 3D data and PMI in industry standard file formats, such as 3D PDF and eDrawings®.
Support industry standards, such as Military-Standard-31000A, ASME Y14.41, ISO 16792, and DIN ISO 16792.
Share and archive 3D data directly to free time for you and your suppliers for re-modeling based on 2D drawings.
Additional ResourcesSOLIDWORKS 2017 TechComm Datasheet
- October 17, 2017 Picture this - SOLIDWORKS Visualize
- September 20, 2017 Feeling Stressed
- September 12, 2017 Welcome to SOLIDWORKS 2018!
- September 6, 2017 The Elephant in the Room - Large Assemblies
- August 22, 2017 Case Study - The Fab Foundation/Fab Labs
- August 1, 2017 SolidNetWork License (SNL) Manager Troubleshooting Tips