With the SolidWorks Academic Research License, researchers can access the latest in engineering technology, while communicating with other researchers and industrial users around the world. The Academic Research License (ARL) has no restrictions for use in publications, industry-funded projects, and patent applications. It doesn't contain the educational watermark, and follows the same release schedule as the commercial version of SolidWorks.
Irish Department of Education and Skills chose SOLIDWORKS Education Edition
In 2007, the Irish Department of Education chose SOLIDWORKS as the supplier for 3D Parametric CAD for the revised curriculum for the Technology Subjects. As a mark of success of this implementation this contract with the Department of Education in Ireland has recently been renewed up to 2021, meaning over 60,000 licenses of SolidWorks will be taught through the Technology Subjects. As a result, all post primary schools in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland now use SOLIDWORKS Education Edition and Draftsight for teaching technology subjects. To learn more about this initiative go to the T4 website
Additional ResourcesSOLIDWORKS - Which license do I need?
- October 17, 2017 Picture this - SOLIDWORKS Visualize
- September 20, 2017 Feeling Stressed
- September 12, 2017 Welcome to SOLIDWORKS 2018!
- September 6, 2017 The Elephant in the Room - Large Assemblies
- August 22, 2017 Case Study - The Fab Foundation/Fab Labs
- August 1, 2017 SolidNetWork License (SNL) Manager Troubleshooting Tips