With the SOLIDWORKS Research License, researchers can access the latest in engineering technology, while communicating with other researchers and industrial users around the world. The SOLIDWORKS Research License has no restrictions for use in publications, industry-funded projects, and patent applications. It doesn't contain the educational watermark, and follows the same release schedule as the commercial version of SOLIDWORKS.
Irish Department of Education and Skills chose SOLIDWORKS Education Edition
In 2007, the Irish Department of Education chose SOLIDWORKS as the supplier for 3D Parametric CAD for the revised curriculum for the Technology Subjects. As a mark of success of this implementation this contract with the Department of Education in Ireland has recently been renewed up to 2021, meaning over 60,000 licenses of SOLIDWORKS will be taught through the Technology Subjects. As a result, all post primary schools in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland now use SOLIDWORKS Education Edition and DraftSight for teaching technology subjects. To learn more about this initiative go to the T4 website
Additional ResourcesSOLIDWORKS - Which license do I need?
- November 2, 2020 Save up to 35% on SOLIDWORKS with the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
- October 22, 2020 SOLIDWORKS 2021 Launch Event
- August 11, 2020 Making SOLIDWORKS feel like home - Customising the UI
- July 13, 2020 What is the SOLIDWORKS Rx tool and how can it help?
- June 25, 2020 Changes in SOLIDWORKS 2020 SP3.0
- June 17, 2020 Calculating Internal Volume